Client: States of Jersey
Cumulus Consultants is delighted to have been working with the States of Jersey over the past six years on a range of agriculture, fisheries and environmental consultancy.
Jersey is a Crown dependency and independent jurisdiction with the full range of responsibilities with regard to the management of its land and seas.
As a small, flexible, multi-disciplinary consultancy, Cumulus Consultants is ideally placed to undertake work on Jersey. We are able to dovetail with colleagues at the Department of the Environment, bring and integrate different areas of expertise and provide additional capacity to develop and consultancy support.
A wide variety of policy, technical and economic projects have been undertaken including:
- Jersey agriculture and fisheries sectors – Brexit impact assessment
- Jersey agriculture and fisheries sectors – Brexit consultancy and advice
- Jersey Natural Capital and Ecosystem Services Assessment
- Assessment of the Impact of the Withdrawal of the Single Area Payment and its replacement with targeted support
- Coastal National Park Management Plan
- Jersey Landscape Strategy
- Review of Rural Sector Funding
- Familiarity with Jersey, its agriculture and fisheries sectors and environmental issues
- Good relationships with departmental staff and industry stakeholders
- A flexible part of the team, working with the client ‘on the journey’
- Able to make connections across policy areas to achieve better outcomes
- Expertise from across the UK and other parts of Europe
- Pro-active and independent