Client: The Wemyss and March Estates Management Company Ltd
The Stanway Estate is a historic and beautiful estate located on and around the Cotswolds escarpment. The Estate extends to almost 5,000 acres, including at its heart Stanway House, gardens and parkland, as well as tenanted holdings and in hand farmland and woodland. Its owner, the Earl of Wemyss, is committed to the conservation of the Estate and its long term stewardship.
Scope of work
Paul Silcock, Cumulus Consultants has been working alongside Lord Wemyss since 2010 on a variety of work including managing the Estate’s Basic Payment Scheme applications, Environmental Stewardship agreements and cross compliance. He has helped to update records, reduce risks and implement the restoration of key habitats and features. Paul also advises on landlord and tenant matters including dilapidations, tenancy agreements and grazing licences. His role includes liaison with the Estate’s factor, professional advisers, tenants, graziers, contractors and government agencies as appropriate.
- Professional and independent advice, backed by in-depth knowledge and experience.
- A personal, friendly and flexible service, dovetailing with existing management.
- Co-ordination of complex land and environmental schemes across multiple tenancies.
- Reduced risk of non-compliance and penalties.
- Identification of opportunities for enhancement on the Estate and additional funding.